Showing all 4 results
Blacktown Building Supplies - PolystyrenePolystyrene Foam Polystyrene is a versatile plastic product that can be used to make everything from food packaging to appliances and electronics and other everyday plastic objects. Polystyrene is especially useful for construction projects in its foam form, also called EPS (expanded polystyrene). Where Can I Use Polystyrene? Because of its great insulating properties, the best place to use polystyrene is as insulation in the floor, roof and walls of a building. It is also great for temperature-sensitive rooms such as industrial freezers and cold storage facilities. Polystyrene can be used in both commercial and residential construction projects and is generally favoured above other insulation alternatives. What Are the Benefits of Polystyrene? As insulation in construction projects, EPS offers several benefits that you won’t find elsewhere.
- It’s affordable. Thanks to its light weight, composition and availability, polystyrene is one of the most cost-effective insulators available.
- It’s inert. Polystyrene will seldom react with acid or basic solution.
- It’s durable and resistant. Polystyrene is very resilient and is not easily damaged by pests, bacteria and moisture. It is also highly compression-resistant, making it a safe product for any building.
- It’s good for the environment. Great insulation reduces energy consumption, but polystyrene does more than just that. It also improves air quality, is easy to produce locally, does not contain harmful chemicals and is non-toxic. As a bonus, it is recyclable throughout most of its life.
- It’s easy to use. Though rigid, polystyrene is easy to shape and lightweight enough to handle comfortably.