Showing the single result
Blacktown Building Supplies - HardiePlank
What Is HardiePlank?Created by the James Hardie company, HardiePlank is a cement fibre material that’s intended for use on a building’s exterior. It is composed of cellulose fibres, cement and sand. It is heavier and thicker than traditional vinyl siding, making it a more durable option for buildings that experience strenuous weather conditions, such as those near the ocean or in high-fire areas.
HardiePlank ProsWhile HardiePlank is not as cost-effective as some other siding materials – such as vinyl – you’ll find that its high quality and an extensive list of benefits more than make up for the cost. So, what pros can you expect with HardiePlank?
- Long-lasting. Most HardiePlank panels come with a 50-year warranty, though they can last much longer with proper care and maintenance.
- Durable.It is completely rot and insect-resistant, and can withstand heavy fire and storm damage.
- Great for creativity.It comes in almost any colour imaginable as well as a variety of textures and appearance. It is also easily painted.
- Easy to care for. Unlike wood cladding or other siding alternatives, it is easy to preserve and maintain your HardiePlank siding.
- Eco-friendly. No hazardous products are used to make HardiePlank, making it a green alternative to other siding options. The cellulose fibres are responsibly sourced from sustainable timber.