Showing 1–12 of 29 results
Blacktown Building Supplies – Plastic Mouldings
Plastic Mouldings — The BasicsPlastics are a popular building material with very specific applications. Their qualities of being durable, waterproof, lightweight, easy to mould, low maintenance, and recyclable make them ideal elements in construction projects. Depending on the type, plastic mouldings are very effective in covering existing joints and concealing sheet edges. They also provide a neat finish for compressed fibreboard. At Blacktown Building Supplies, we sell various types of plastic mouldings, including PVC cover moulds, flashings, angles, internal and external moulds, end caps, and mould joiners.
Plastic Mouldings — UsesVarious types of plastic mouldings are used in construction for the following reasons:
- They are water-resistant, so they can be used to protect joints and internal parts that are susceptible to water damage.
- They provide reliable and durable protection for other construction materials.
- They can be painted on with cement-based and acrylic-render products to suit a range of applications.
- They have a neat, seamless finish that’s attractive and professional-looking.
- They are resistant to fungal attacks and termite infestation.
- Certain plastic mouldings (e.g., perforated PVC extrusion) provide a straight-edge finish.
- They are available in different styles and sizes to fit your purpose.